Sunday, May 17, 2015

Down to the "Finish Line"!!

finish line in 5K run
Our 2nd Grade finish line.

                                                                                                             May 18, 2015

Dear Parents,

Here we are down to the final week and a busy week it will be!!  We are scheduled for Ag in the Classroom on Monday, Tuesday will be a normal day, Wednesday is the 8th Grade Graduation, and Thursday is a Field Day at the Regional Park.  Hopefully the rain will hold off a little and not disrupt all the planning that has gone into the special activities.

Last week was all about finishing up.  In math we did a lot of review and end of quarter testing.  Our time in projects was spent creating three dimensional dioramas of our habitats that included a plant and animal from that habitat.  Language was all about review and testing.  The focus in writing was about appreciations and journal writing.

Creating dioramas
Researching habitats








Another big event from last week was Room 5's Puppet Show.  It was great to see so many family members in attendance to watch the performance.  I have been in and out during drama over the 4th quarter.  While I have seen pieces of the puppet show coming together, it was a thrill to see the final product on Thursday.  The students did a fantastic job!!
Behind the curtain.
Getting ready to perform








Over the course of the year, students have asked to borrow some of my books.  All of my books have my name written in them (most of the time "Bloomfield" is written on the inside cover).  If you find some of my books over the summer, I just ask that you return them to me when school resumes in August.

IMPORTANT FIELD DAY INFORMATION--
The students of Room 5 will have the opportunity to climb the "Rock Wall" at the Regional Park.  In order to do this they must have a signed permission slip that is turned into the office by Tuesday.  This permission slip was emailed to you last week.  Students wanting to climb the "Rock Wall" must also be wearing closed toe shoes. 

In closing, I'd like to say a BIG thank you for making my first year at Oasis Academy so wonderful!  I feel so fortunate to have had each of your students and to have had a great group of supportive parents.  This year has been a blessing in so many ways.  I wish you all a restful, adventurous summer and I am sure I will see you many of you around Fallon during the summer months.

Sincerely,
Anne Bloomfield

No comments:

Post a Comment